In order to provide a safe environment for our patients and staff, we have implemented some important changes in our office. After our reopening, on June 1, we are following these new procedures and protocols:
- All patients will fill out a COVID questionnaire at home and asked to update their health information. They will be asked the COVID questions again upon arrival at our office.
- Patients will remain outside of our office and enter only with a staff member at their appointed time.
- Patients will wear a mask in the office unless in treatment and use hand sanitizer as they enter.
- Temperatures are taken for all patients before they enter our office. Patients with a temperature over 100.4 F will not be treated and will be directed to see their physician.
- Appointment times are staggered to allow for social distancing among patients in the office. This is planned ahead of time and coordinated each morning in our team huddle.
- Patients are taken directly to their treatment rooms. Each room has an air purifier with a HEPA filter and UV- C light.
- Following patient treatment, each room sits for a minimum of 30 minutes after disinfection with the air purifier on the highest setting. This minimizes any aerosols that could be present.
- In order to follow social distancing guidelines, payments will be made by providing credit card numbers, or a check. This minimizes the number of staff members that will come into contact with the patient.
- When further patient consultation or financial arrangements are required, we have designated areas of our office that are away from the clinical areas. Hard barriers or doors separate these areas and allow for social distancing and privacy during these important discussions.
- Our staff will be working with KN95 masks, clothing designed to act as a barriers and face shields. While this is for their protection, it also protects patients. In addition, new suction devices will reduce aerosols during procedures.
- Patients will use the convenient hallway restrooms as we have closed the patient restroom in our office.
We will continue to meet the highest standards of office disinfection and sterilization through improving our already rigorous protocols, as we learn more about this virus and other threats in the future. The safety of patients and staff is the most important item as we proceed with dental treatment. We appreciate your cooperation.